- Experience Level
Our client is an international medical communications agency who is seeking a Scientific Director to join and lead a medical writing and editorial team in either their London or Cheshire offices, although remote working would also be considered for the right candidate.
The Scientific Director will take responsibility for the scientific strategy and integrity of major medical communication and education programmes and activities across global accounts. The deliverables will include publications, medical affairs educational materials, strategic projects, meetings – ad boards, investigator meetings and educational pieces. Leading and editorial team and working closely with Client Services, you will guide contact with clients, provide strategic direction, write content, provide content briefs and review others writers’ work.
You would be working in some interesting therapy areas including neuroscience, oncology, cardio-vascular and infectious diseases.
This is a great time to join a growing agency which has lots of scope for progression. Our client has a structure training and development programme to support you in your role. In addition you can expect an excellent salary and suite of benefits including, pension, bonus, 25 days holidays and much more.
- Provide high-level consultancy service to clients
- Assure the scientific accuracy of medical communication and education projects
- Engage with client services and editorial teams to pursue organic and new business growth opportunities
- Support the delivery of strategic documents (e.g. scientific platforms, scientific statement development) and other deliverables with high scientific and strategic content (e.g. advisory boards, clinical investigator meetings and guideline workshops)
- Line manage editorial team members
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Masters, PhD or MD qualified
- Has a wealth of medical communication and education agency experience with demonstrable experience of providing strategic counsel, developing and implementing medical communication and education plans
- Has a track record of building consultancy relationships with clients and healthcare professionals
- Has broad scientific and therapeutic experience with excellent research and analytical abilities; is able to place scientific and clinical data in therapeutic and market context
- Has excellent editorial competency and the ability to critically review project work for scientific accuracy and integrity
- Is an excellent communicator, influencer and networker
ID Search & Selection has been successfully placing candidates in healthcare communications jobs for over 15 years. Along the way we’ve built many long term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re now trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
Jon Gawley would love to hear from you on 01932 797996.
Apply for Scientific Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly