Senior / Principal Medical Writer
- Experience Level
Our client is a market leading medical communications agency. Working on global accounts over a range of media and platforms they are seeking a Senior or Principal Medical Writer to join their team and be based in their Oxfordshire offices although some home working will also be considered.
The role will involve using your extensive depth and breadth of medical communications experience and wide therapy area expertise to develop and deliver the highest quality communication and education initiatives by forming close working relationships with clients, thought leaders and internal agency teams. You will be working across fast paced oncology, diabetes and devices publications and medical affairs accounts with client facing and line management opportunities.
In return you can expect a great salary and benefits including health, pension and 25 days holiday as well as excellent continuing professional development and opportunity for career progression.
- Use strategic insight and prior healthcare communications experience to provide practical input into specific marketing/communication/educational challenges being faced by clients and internal teams
- Lead discussions relating to assigned accounts/projects, at a strategic and tactical level, with clients, thought leaders and internal colleagues
- Ensure client briefs are fully understood and confirmed for all projects
- Accurate and precise implementation of client/author amends and comments
- Provide on-site support to meet the client’s needs, e.g., on-site writing/editing, e-products, faculty support, competitor intelligence gathering, and moderating meetings
- Line manage / mentor more junior writers
- Quality Control checking of copy for other Medical Writers across the department
- Contribute ideas for development of new products/services
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Educated to degree level or higher in a biomedical science
- Several years’ experience medical writing experience gained in an agency environment
- Highly experienced with the versatility to work across the whole range of products and services
- Able to provide senior editorial advice and support to all members of the account team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good IT skills and experience with full range of media
Our client excels in providing training and development opportunities and the structure of their business allows for client and therapy area diversity.
ID Search & Selection has been successfully placing candidates in healthcare communications jobs for over 15 years. Along the way we’ve built many long term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re now trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
Jon Gawley would love to hear from you on 01932 797996.
Apply for Senior / Principal Medical Writer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Medical Affairs £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Oxfordshire
- Scientific Advisor £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Oxfordshire
- Medical Communications £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Oxfordshire
- Medical Writing £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in Oxfordshire