Account Director - some remote working
- Experience Level
Due to continued growth, a leading medical communications agency is seeking an Account Director to join their London offices. Our client provides a full complement of medical communications services to their pharma, biotech and medical organisations. They work on global accounts across publications, medical affairs and digital marketing over a diverse range of therapy areas including nephrology, rheumatology, immunology, respiratory and neuroscience.
You will partner the Scientific Director in the London office to proactively work with clients and internal teams in other locations to oversee the delivery of a range of communications projects. The role would suit a candidate who enjoys multi-tasking and is motivated to drive and develop the business. Using your project management skills and scientific expertise you will deliver a range of scientific services to clients, including scientific and strategic consultation, publications planning for new and existing drug therapies, satellite symposia, international conferences and medical education projects in both web and multimedia formats. You will be responsible for maintaining and developing excellent client relations and guaranteeing client satisfaction by meeting and surpassing their needs.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package including pension, healthcare, bonus and 25 days they are known for their friendly and informal working environment. They also offer excellent opportunities for career and personal development and as a senior member of London team there is a real opportunity to contribute to overall company development. In the first instance your will be managing a team remotely so there is flexibility with some homeworking.
- Contributes to the development of strategic and tactical marketing activities
- Ensures the overall delivery and implementation of projects to the highest quality, in line with the project brief and the allocated budget
- Monitors and manages the team to ensure delivery of projects to timescales, quality and within budget
- Identify new business opportunities both with existing and new clients
- Develop and participate in new business presentations
- Recruits, motivates and develops new team members
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A life sciences degree or PhD
- Previous experience in a medical communications agency working on global communications accounts
- A self-starter with ambition to grow the business
- You should have good financial understanding and have had experience with budgeting
- You will have experience in managing meetings (conferences, symposia, satellite meetings, events etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- General computer literacy required with use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
This role will suit candidates who are looking to develop their business and leadership skills.
ID Search & Selection has been successfully placing candidates in healthcare communications jobs for over 15 years. Along the way we’ve built many long term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re now trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
Jon Gawley would love to hear from you on 01932 797996.
Apply for Account Director - some remote working
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Medical Communications £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Sales / Commercial £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Account Management £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Business Development £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Central)