- Experience Level
Our client is a leading international medical communications agency which has a requirement for a Scientific Director to join their offices in London or Cheshire, although some homeworking will be considered.
The Scientific Director will provide scientific expertise and leadership for the editorial team, taking responsibility for the scientific quality of editorial outputs, contributing to compliance with all relevant guidelines, overall editorial resource management, and appropriate training and development of editorial staff.
You would be leading a team of over 10 on a large medical affairs oncology account (no pubs), with a strategic focus and participation in new business initiatives. Previous experience in oncology would be ideal but they are happy to consider candidates with experience in other therapy areas.
In return you can expect all the benefits of working for a large international company including bonus, healthcare, life assurance, 25 days holidays, and much more. There is also plenty of scope for development and progression with this company.
- Act as the main point of contact on matters of scientific content and strategic direction for both internal and external stakeholders
- Use extensive editorial and medical communications experience to develop innovative and effective solutions for specific client needs
- Lead, mentor and coach the team to maximise their potential and support their career growth
- Support Editorial Director in ensuring that the standard of writing and reviewing for editorial projects across all accounts is excellent
- Review scientific and strategic content for range of medical communications within an account, according to client needs and agreed specifications, budgets and timeframes
- Provide account teams with advice and ideas to improve the quality of delivery outputs
- Provide accurate, robust and detailed editorial costings for projects
- Provide extensive medical communications and in-depth scientific and strategic expertise for new business pitches and proposals
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Life science degree preferably higher science degree
- Significant medical communications agency writing and editorial experience
- Extensive experience of writing and reviewing editorial materials
- Direct line management experience in medical communications, including performance review
- Ability to identify scientific and strategic skills gaps and training needs, and provide training where appropriate
- Excellent communications skills (oral, written, presentation)
This is a great chance to join a market leader, who values and invests in their people.
ID Search & Selection has been successfully placing candidates in healthcare communications jobs for over 15 years. Along the way we’ve built many long term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re now trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
Jon Gawley would love to hear from you on 01932 797996.
Apply for Scientific Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Medical Affairs £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Medical Advisor £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Medical Communications £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Medical Writing £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)