6 days left
- Sydney, Australia
- Wednesday, 8 March 2023
- Friday, 7 April 2023
- Clinical Research
- Full Time
- Contract Type
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
- Clinical Diagnostics
- Product Development
Backed by significant Venture Capital funding, our client is a biotech start-up developing innovative technologies poised to transform the industry's approach to quality control and longitudinal monitoring of clinical molecular diagnostics. Key to this strategy is the expansion of their widely published platform which focuses on the use of synthetic DNA and RNA 'spike-in' controls to increase the accuracy, performance, and quality of genomic data.
Your key remit as a Genomic Specialist* will be to act as the conduit between clients and the technical/product development teams. Helping to design synthetic controls tailored to their unique assay and workflow requirements, you will liaise with clients to create products which address their needs.
- Analysing and interpreting NGS data to understand clinical and technical considerations for incorporating synthetic 'spike-in' controls into clients' assays.
- Using these data to design practical, purpose-built synthetic DNA and/or RNA 'spike-in' controls alongside bioinformatic tools to aid them in the quality control and monitoring of their projects.
- Preparation of relevant clinical and both internal and external technical documentation required for use of these products.
- Communicate the functional structure and purpose of these constructs to the bioinformatics and software product development teams.
- Aid in the development of novel, innovative technologies including genomic products, proprietary software, and bioinformatic tools that integrate with existing technical, bioinformatic, and diagnostic workflows.
- Build and maintain a strong network of clients comprising industry professionals, KOLs, and clinicians.
- Ensure that products are designed and implemented in accordance with the appropriate regulatory and quality requirements.
- PhD in genomics or related discipline, or a Masters Degree with considerable experience in clinical diagnostics, NGS technologies, and/or molecular diagnostic product development
- Strong understanding of clinical genomics and personalised medicine
- Experience across the NGS workflow, with a strong knowledge of the clinical considerations and implications at each stage of the workflow - from sample preparation through to data analysis and interpretation.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills accompanied by a natural ability to build professional working relationships with both the internal team and members of the clinical diagnostics community.
- An enthusiastic, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems and developing new technologies.
Our client is offering a full-time permanent position with flexible working conditions and the opportunity to work alongside the scientists who developed this cutting-edge technology and have since published their work in high-impact journals. The total remuneration package will include an attractive base salary of up to $150k plus superannuation, optional participation in the company ESOP, and other benefits. Ongoing training and development are also offered, as is the opportunity for interstate and international travel. For more information, you can email email@example.com or contact Mark Thomas or Marilyn Jones at 1300 0 MEXEC for a confidential discussion about the role.
*Note - position title subject to change.
mexec delivers executive recruitment solutions to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and broader technology industries. mexec comprises of highly talented and knowledgeable industry experienced Consultants that partner with leading organisations to grow their leadership teams.
We recruit at all levels including senior management, and we are currently recruiting for a variety of opportunities in the area of Sales & Marketing, Management, Medical, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Research, Pharmacovigilance and Operations. Contact us today.