Chief Scientific Officer
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
- Executive Management Team
- Biotech - Immunotherapy
- Molecular Biologist
Our client, Cartherics, are a private, early-stage, cellular immunotherapy company, with a core focus on the development of CAR-cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. They aim to be a world leader in the development of "off-the-shelf" CAR-cell onco-therapies.
Join Cartherics in this exciting and evolving role which will transition into their new Chief Scientific Officer. The position will report to the CEO with support from the COO and the present CSO who will be moving to a Consulting and Advisory position with the company.
You are an internationally renowned scientist experienced in the clinical development of cancer & cell therapeutics. Driven, collaborative and connected, you will bring expertise that ensures success.
- Accountable for the delivery of the scientific strategy and leading the scientific development of the company's immune-therapeutic oncology platform.
- Direct and coordinate a full laboratory team in the techniques associated with chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) cell technology.
- Ensure that the science team leaders and their teams achieve optimum strategic outcomes relating to product development and progression of the onco-therapeutic pipeline.
- Anticipate potential issues that may interfere with the delivery of project outcomes.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the rigours of working with human tissues and cells.
- Supervise the total science program from selection of basic tissue type to the derivation of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs).
- Develop and implement methods associated with gene editing for genetic engineering of somatic cells to produce genomically stable iPSCs free from off-target mutations.
- Work closely with the Director of IP and Licensing to ensure that there is a pathway forward for the freedom to operate for any new product, to patent timely, and to ensure the successful commercialisation of developing potential products entering the development pipeline.
- Design protocols for the differentiation of iPSCs into functionally effective immune cells, be able to demonstrate their in vitro and in vivo efficacy, and derive the necessary preclinical data required for clinical trial registration.
- Design immune cells capable of disruption of the tumour microenvironment and eradication of cancer cells for a range of onco-therapeutic applications.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a senior leadership position in cell therapies, clinical immunology or innate immunity.
- Experience in running successful research groups and ensuring an innovative, productive and positive environment.
- PhD or MD-PhD in molecular or cell biology, immunology or oncology.
- Experience preparing board and executive documents and papers for publication.
- Experience presenting at relevant international conferences and keynote speaking engagements.
- A minimum of 7 year's experience in the molecular cell biology and immunology of cancer with a track record in peer reviewed finding and publications.
Cartherics has a strong innovation drive and expects to develop products that enter the international clinical marketplace as effective cancer therapies.
To join Cartherics in this exciting opportunity, and be integral to their ongoing success, please email your expression of interest to email@example.com and we will forward you further information. Confidential enquiries to Marilyn Jones on 1300 0 MEXEC
An attractive executive level package with ESOP is available with National or International relocation. Relocation Package AUS.
mexec delivers executive recruitment solutions to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and broader technology industries. mexec comprises of highly talented and knowledgeable industry experienced Consultants that partner with leading organisations to grow their leadership teams.
We recruit at all levels including senior management, and we are currently recruiting for a variety of opportunities in the area of Sales & Marketing, Management, Medical, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Research, Pharmacovigilance and Operations. Contact us today.