Commercial Effectiveness Specialist
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
The purpose of this position is to develop deep meaningful commercial insights, based on data analysis and interpretation, to improve understanding, decision making, commercial programs and outcomes for patients, customers and Astellas. This role will support Astellas commercial AANZ to become a data accountable and driven organisation.
Commercial Effectiveness Improvement Projects
- Align with and deliver on key projects to improve the analytics and insights of the commercial business & market, enabling affiliate brand and management teams to measure, gain insights and improve performance. This will include the development and maintenance of local ‘business insights dashboards’ and platforms.
- Support brand teams to manage qualitative and quantitative market research, collecting and sharing competitive intelligence across all brand teams to address business needs and deliver solutions.
- Propose ideas to ensure efficient use of resources for the effective local execution of strategies.
- Support in interpreting data and reports on the market, customer and activity data, to help drive business decisions.
- Work collaboratively with commercial colleagues to identify the relevant business needs for MCE Inc., digital across the affiliate and co-create the MCE plan with appropriate brand managers.
- Be the subject matter expert and owner of commercial data sources and tools including IQVIA(IMS), licenced dashboard tools, wholesaler data, internal reports and CRM.
- Articulate and able to convert knowledge and data into language which has meaning for multiple audiences.
- Strong overall commercial acumen, able to identify and interpret a range of business needs through engagement and interaction with end-users.
- Agile working capability (continuous evaluation and improvement, streamlining processes and improving time to decision-making, particularly around risk and opportunity.)
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a multi-cultural matrix organisation.
- Strong on rigour and attention to detail, able to analyse and synthesise data using e-tools, to deliver robust outcomes.
- Extensive knowledge of Multi-channel engagement within Pharma e.g., field force working, customer interactions, digital channels and how to develop data insights:
- Strong track record of assessing, understanding use and impact of digital channels
- Practical experience of field-force performance monitoring, developing sales forecasts and assumptions
- Ability to develop and support the use of KPIs and dashboards to support sustainable growth and performance.
- High level of competency in using Business Integration tools e.g., Excel, SQL, Tableau, Altryx, Power BI, Spotfire etc
- Post-graduate qualification such as MBA and/or MSc or equivalent is highly desirable.
- Prince2 project manager or similar certification.
- Excellent project management skills, with a focus on pro-active development and risk mitigation.
- Prior experience conducting qualitative and quantitative studies to identify business needs.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to existing issues & future-identified risks, particularly around brand/tactical planning.
- Prior experience in delivering and evaluating value-added training for marketing/field force teams.
- Ability to setting/deliver to stretch targets and KPIs, to support sustainable growth and performance.