Just like your introductory paragraph on your CV, your LinkedIn About section is your place to create a strong first impression and really make yourself stand out. Don’t use it to list everything that can be found on your profile elsewhere (e.g., when you started your current job and every job you had beforehand) and instead use it to highlight your personal brand, and create connections with high-quality contacts.
Here are some examples of what you could include in your About section:
- What motivates you and why you were drawn to the industry
- What you enjoy about your role
- Overview of some of your biggest achievements/milestones
- What you do outside of work
- What you’re looking for on LinkedIn/what people can reach out to you for
- Overview of the key elements of your role (not just a list of responsibilities)
Remember that your personal brand is about more than where you work and what you do, so use this section to highlight your personality as well as your capabilities.