When searching for your next Life Science job, having a list of career non-negotiables can help to really focus your job search. Although you might know what field you want to work in and what types of roles you’re after, there are plenty of other aspects of a new job that you need to consider.
Not every job will offer everything you’re looking for, so it’s important to have a list of things that you don’t want to compromise on. Here are a few examples of some possible non-negotiables:
- Higher salary than current role
- Autonomy and control over workload
- Remote/flexible working options
- Commute within a certain distance
- Mentoring / structured career development programs
- Company mission statement that aligns with personal values
- Good demonstration of corporate responsibility
- Regular work socials/events
- Regular travel/no travel
- Fun company culture
Try not to have too many things on your list, and really think about the things that are most important to you.