How to get a job as a Medical Sales Rep.
The life of a medical sales rep. can be an exciting and rewarding one. So what can you do to enter this dynamic field?
Firstly, do some reading and research. Find out what the role is really about. Speak to existing reps. but if you don't know any, I'm sure if you hang about outside your local doctor's surgery you will spot them!
What does the job of a pharma sales rep / medical sales rep entail?
- Making appointments to see new and existing clients and prospects
- Presenting your company's products to doctors, pharmacists and other healthcare workers
- Encouraging your clients and prospects to buy your company’s products
- Providing after-sales service
- Reaching sales targets
- Attending medical conferences
- Keeping accurate records of sales and customers
- Reporting information back to management
- Keeping up to date with the latest clinical data and research, so that you can talk medically with health professionals.
Other Useful Features
- A Day in the Life of a Medical Sales Rep.
- Get that job in the Pharma Industry!!
- Get shadowing experience, as a drug sales representative
This is only a snapshot, but you can see the sort of pharmaceutical sales jobs that currently exist in our jobs database here:
- Pharmaceutical Sales jobs - worldwide
- Pharmaceutical Sales and Marketing Jobs - UK
- Pharmaceutical Sales and Marketing Jobs - USA
- Pharmaceutical Sales Jobs - Europe
Some Very Useful Reading
- A DAY IN THE LIFE - Medical Device Sales and Pharmaceutical Sales
- Be Brief. Be Bright. Be Gone.: Career Essentials for Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Sales Representatives
- Pharmaceutical Sales for Phools: The Beginners Guide for Medical Sales Representatives
- Learn The Secrets: The Field-Tested, Combat-Ready Guide To Becoming A Pharmaceutical Sales Representative